Urology is an intrinsic part of BLK centre of Renal Sciences. Our skilled team of doctors and technicians give the best available treatment for a patient. The urology division is equipped with advanced diagnostic and therapeutic facilities. Our sub-specialties include:
- Laser surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
The Urological conditions treated at BLK are infections, birth defects, stone disorder, infertility, urinary incontinence, tumors, prostate enlargement, obstructions etc. They are handled and treated by highly-skilled urologists in India. An Andrology wing also handles matters pertaining to Male Infertility, Male sexual dysfunction and related disorders.
BLK is one of the most sorted hospital for international patients from Iran, Iraq, the Middle Ease, the Afri-can Subcontinent and other SAARC nations as it offers the highest range of treatments in different kind of health problems, like:
- Reconstructive Urology
- Laparoscopic Urology
- Prostrate Surgery
- Stone Clinic
We have the most advantageous facilities and highest clinical governance standards and patient-centric care. The Urology centre also specializes in offering different Urological surgeries like Urodynamics, Trans Rectal USG (TRUS) & Biopsy, Penile Doppler, Lower Tract Endoscopy, Ureteroscopy, PCNL, Laser Prostate Surgery, RIRS-Retrograde Intra Renal Surgery, Andrology& Male Infertility, Genito Urinary Medicine, Uro-Laparoscopy, Uro-Oncology, Gynaec-Urology, Reconstructive Urology, Prosthetic Surgery (Artificial Im-plants), Artificial Urethral Sphincter Surgery, A-V Fistual Surgery.
Endourology is the procedure of performing the surgery by looking into the urinary tract with the use of internal endoscopy and tiny instruments. It is a minimally invasive technique so the recovery is easy and fast.
At BLK Super Specialty Hospital, a number of procedures are offered like:
- Urethroscopy: In case of any blockage in the urethra due to any calcification or blood clots an en-doscopic instrument is inserted to clear any strictures or blockages.
- Ureteroscopy: The procedure is conducted to extract any stones and tumors which may have de-veloped in the ureter.
- Cystoscopy: The procedure is conducted to treat bladder stones or tumors.
- TURP: Similar to cystoscopy, the procedure involves removal of obstructing prostate.
- Nephroscopy: A minimal invasive procedure, it is used to extract stones and tumors of the kidney lining.
Endourology is the most sorted treatment today as it has a number of benefits including fast recovery, minimal risks as the tiniest instruments are used to perform the surgery. It can be performed for tumors (cancerous or not) and stones and does not threaten the surrounding area or organ with infection. After the minimally invasive surgery, the recovery is fast and the patient is sent home within or after twenty-four hours.
BLK Super Specialty Hospital has an excellent team of experienced doctors who are highly practiced in Reconstructive Urology problems including:
- Birth defects
- Neurological disorders
- Scartissue in the urinary tract organs
- Pelvic fractures
- Pelvic floor prolapse
- Board flap
BLK Specializes in a number of Urology divisions. These are:
- Transition Urology or Congenitalism:congenital urinary defect is found in children which can be a very challenging situation. Through a reconstructive surgery we treat the urinary defect with mi-nimal risks and help the children lead a normal and healthy life.
- Reconstruction of Genitals and Urinary Tract:Our extremely talented and experienced doctors perform the best reconstruction surgery for removing defects related to urethra, bladder, uterus, penis and genitals. These deformities can be discovered at infancy or after some injury or illness.
- Cancer Survivorship: Cancer treatment can take a toll on your body and may leave you with some health issues, which are easily treatable. At BLK, we have skilled experts who will take care of issues related to urinary control, sexual function and fertility. We also offer egg/sperm freezing which can be opted by patients going under chemotherapy.
- Laparoscopic Urology
Laparoscopy, also known as keyhole surgery, is the art of performing surgeries through small inci-sions using special, telescopic instruments. A laparoscope can be described as a narrow tube with a camera and lens attached to it. Typically, laparoscopic urology uses these minimally invasive techniques to treat a wide range of conditions affecting the kidneys, uterus, bladder and prostate with better results. At BLK Super Specialty Hospital, advancements in technology allow surgeons to perform laparoscopic procedures with utmost precision. We are one of the few centers in India where Advanced Laparoscopic Urology is carried out regularly.
At BLK we have a wide range of Laparoscopic Treatments including Kidney and ureter, Laparoscopic Lymphadenectomy and Pediatric Urology. The laparoscopic procedure in Kidney & ureter is conducted in case of stone disease, benign or malignant tumor in kidney or urethra. Laparoscopic Lymphadenectomy is performed on patients of prostrate cancer, testicular tumor and pelvic malignancies. Finally, we perform Pediatric Urology on children suffering from intra-abdominal testis, non-palpable testis, laparoscopic pyelolithotomy, pelvic node dissection, cystoprostatectomy, appendicovesicostomy, ileal conduit, ileal vaginal reconstruction, bladder diverticulectomy and ureteroneocystomy.
The cancers related to urinary systems are treated in this department. The patients having cancer in prostate, bladder, kidney and testicular areas are treated in Uro-oncology department. The procedures used by us are Radical Nephrectomy,Partial Nephrectomy, Radical Nephro-ureterectomy, Radical Cystect-omy with Neo-bladder Reconstruction, Radical Prostatectomy, Total or partial Penectomy with Inguinal Lymph Node Dissection, Radical Orchiectomy and Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection.
The doctor asks the patient to go through some of the following tests to get a thorough diagnosis:
- Urine tests
- CT Urogram
- Ultrasound scan
- Physical examination
Once the cancer is confirmed the doctor decides the course of treatment based on different factors like type, grade and stage of cancer. The types of treatments we offer are:
- Surgery:A surgery is performed to completely remove the tumor in the urinary tract so as to stop its growth and risking the growth of infection. After the surgery a small part of the tumor is ex-tracted to check if its cancerous or not. Depending on it the next course of actions is devised.
- Radiotherapy: Radiotherapy is recommended in order to treat invasive cancer. Radiotherapy sometimes is also combined with Chemotherapy.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is recommended to kill the growing cells of cancer or to reduce its growth.
- Andrology: Andrology is a sub-speciality that deals with male health and problems related to the male reproductive system. Our team of andrologists provides comprehensive, state-of-the-art andrology services in cases of male infertility. This includes evaluation of possible causes of in-fertility and male sexual disorders. In addition, we offer treatments for Erectile Dysfunction including intracavernosal injections, vacuum erection devices and penile implant surgery, along with psychosexual counselling.
A person (male) suffering from infertility, do not have any physical symptoms if he is having normal inter-course and erection at the time of sexual activity. Only proper tests and diagnosis can confirm the situation.
There can be many causes responsible for male infertility. Some of them are:
- Premature ejaculation, retrograde ejaculation, erection dysfunctions and complications from radiation therapy
- Pre-exisiting genetic condition
- Sexual problems
- Hormonal disorders
- Exposure to poisonous chemicals
- Injury to groin area
Prostrate is a very important part of the male reproductive system and can be very dangerous if it’s defective. Prostatectomy is performed to partially or completely remove the part, mostly when the person has prostate cancer, enlarged prostate or benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
With latest cutting-edge technology, our urology department is equipped with latest technology. We treat the patients with latest laser Prostatectomy or Conventional Surgery. For cancer patients we perform TRUS biopsy as it is the best proven treatment.
The main purpose of surgery is to:
- Maintain urinary incontinence
- Cure problems and abnormalities of the urinary tract
- Maintainability to have erections
- Minimize side effects and pain before, during and after surgery
The stone clinic at BLK is the most advanced technology and highly talented team. We offer an accurate diagnosis and therapeutic services. The doctors provide proper care plans and explain all the possibilities that may lead to reformation of stones. He/she will also discuss the necessary precautions that would help the patient keep healthy. We are well accomplished to handle even the complex cases with our highly experienced team of doctors and nurses.
Kidney stones are becoming more and more common because of the life changes we are experiencing these days. Most of the times, tiny stones are flushed out of the body with urine and we don’t learn any-thing about it. The larger ones are the ones that create a nuisance and have to be physically removed through a minor surgery. The stones are small clusters of salts and minerals that accumulate in the kidney. They usually appear if the person does not consume enough liquid.
Signs and Symptoms of Kidney stones
- Sever pain while urinating
- Frequent urination
- Pain in lower back
- Pain in abdomen
- Blood in urine
Patients who have gall bladder stones suffer from severe pains which arise suddenly and whenever. These pains are normally experienced in stomach. The doctor diagnosis the presence of bladder stones through a simple ultrasound.
After the surgery, the doctors put the patient on a very light diet so as to not stress the body. It is advised to follow the diet even after the recovery because the stones can reappear at any phase of life.