Any disorder related to the endocrine glands is treated in the department of endocrinology. Some of the endocrine glands are hypothalamus, pituitary gland and thyroid. The main function of endocrine glands is to secrete hormones. If they fail to do their function the person can suffer from growth problems, puberty, diabetes, obesity etc. These glands can also affect the sexual development effecting and child’s physical and emotional state. Here at BLK, we try to make the environment sensitive so the child would be comfortable to go through the treatment. The division of Pediatric Endocrinology at BLK takes care of issues like:
- Diabetes and its complications
- Diabetes Foot Disorders
- Thyroid disorders
- Growth and sexual development disorders
- Osteoporosis, Osteomalacia, Calcium and parathyroid gland disorders.
- Hyperandrogenic disorders like Hirsutism, polycystic ovaries.
- Obesity (In consultation with Dietician, Bariatric Surgeon)
- Infertility (Consultation with Gynaecologist and Urologist, an infertility specialist)
- Disorders of pituitary, adrenal and other Hormonal disorders.
Our highly experienced surgeons are extremely skilled to go through the surgeries with a child. They understand that a child needs extra care and attention as their mental stability is weaker than that of an adult. They accomplished in performing minimally invasive surgeries through the neck and many other types of surgeries including daycare surgeries for thyroid, endoscopic thyroid and parathyroid surgeries, laparoscopic adrenalectomy, Endoscopic thymectomy and stem cell therapy for foot ulcers.