Blepharoplasty (Eye Bag Removal)
What is Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty assists in restoring the youthful look of your eyes and even improves one’s vision. Blepharoplasty is a procedure that involves removal of excess skin and muscle from the upper and lower eyelids.
Who needs Blepharoplasty?
As you age, the muscles supporting your eyelids often become weak. This can result in:
- The unwanted skin on upper eyelids impairing peripheral vision
- Prominent eye bags
- Excess skin on lower eyelids
- Sagging eyebrows
- Droopy upper eyelids
Preparing for the surgery
The trained surgeons at the Aesthetic Surgery Centre perform Blepharoplasty as a standalone procedure or in conjunction with other facial surgical procedures for a complete makeover. Before the procedure, a consultation with your plastic surgeon and eye specialist will be scheduled to consider your:
- Goals and expectations from the surgery to ascertain the outcome
- Medical history including allergies, use of medication and previous surgeries
- Physical examination and eye measurements
- Eye test and peripheral vision examination result
- Immediate and long-term surgery effects depending on your eyelid photography result